Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 9th











Good morning you all! I am loving this 24 hours of light. I get so much accomplished. I have learned how to sleep through the light as well.

I went for a bike hike yesterday. I rode my bike from Eagle River to Anchorage (about 13 miles one way). It was a great ride on a paved bike route. The only unfortunate thing was the first mile plus was straight up the mountain. How I could forget such an uphill climb but I did. Next time I will drive my bike to the top of the mountain and then start my ride.

Today was free entrance to the Anchorage Zoo. Well, it was free for everyone else but me. It cost me $100. See, I walked out of my apartment and got down the first flight and realized I did not have my car keys or my house keys. Ooops. So I had to call the locksmith on a Sunday. The going price for his services is $100. I hope not to make this mistake again. I had him make me several extra keys to prevent this from happening in the future.

The zoo is quite impressive. As you can see, I had some up-close and personal time with polar bears, brown bears, and black bears. The tiger was fun to watch as he played with his ball in the "cement pond". Jedd Clampett would be proud of him.

Here is a photo of my mountain view each morning. I get to see these wonderful sights on my way to school and at home.

Have a wonderful day.
Sheryl the nanook

5 comments:

  1. You sound so excited in your posts. So glad that you and Dave had such a good experience on the trip out. Good luck in your upcoming school year. How lucky are the kids that will have you as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero! I'm living vicarously thru you so don't disappoint me. So far so good. Heck of a view. I'm happy you made it there safely and life is good. I hope you have a great school year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures! This adventure of yours will be a fun time for us in the lower 48 states!!
    Love, Wogs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sheryl, this is really cool. Your pictures are awesome! I am glad to hear you and Dave made it safely and had so much fun! Looking forward to following your adventure with you!
    Miss and Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. when russ told me what you were doing I was so proud of you! I hope I can be as cool as my big sister someday.

    ReplyDelete